Hearing the call

Olivia Palombo, Assistant Multimedia Editor

The Cathedral Catholic High School priests recently invited male CCHS students interested in the priesthood to attend the March 30 Explorer Day, a seminary camp held since 2002, to help the men pursue a personal vocation toward the clergy.

“Explorer Day, which is held three times a year, provides an opportunity for young men, 17 years and older, to learn more about the vocation to the priesthood,” said Father Lauro Minimo, who introduced Explorer day to boys at a recent CCHS mass. “Those [young men] who attend also have the opportunity to meet the men in our program of priestly formation.”

The event will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Saint Francis Center at the University of San Diego. There is no cost to attend the event, but registration is required.

“Everyone has a vocation to be holy,” Father Minimo said. “Secondly, everyone has a particular vocation, whether to the married life or the religious life. It is important for each person to discern one’s particular vocation because it is what will make one truly fulfilled.”

About the Writer

Born and raised in San Diego, I spend most of my time at the beach or with friends. As a sophomore at Cathedral Catholic High School, I look forward to...