Senior’s Final Strides Of Highschool

Cathedral Senior Kairos Retreat: one of the memorable moments closer to graduation

As the school year draws to a close, seniors find themselves on the brink of a new chapter in their lives. With graduation looming on the horizon, they reflect on their experiences over the past few months, filled with anticipation, excitement, and a hint of nostalgia. 

For many seniors, the last few months of high school have been a whirlwind of emotions. From upcoming final exams and college applications to senior prom and soon to be graduation rehearsal, the culmination of their secondary education brings a mixture of relief and apprehension.

One of the most anticipated events for seniors is undoubtedly graduation day. After years of hard work and dedication, they eagerly await the moment when they will walk across the stage, receive their diplomas, and officially mark the end of their high school journey. For some it’s a moment of triumph, a symbol of their achievements and a stepping stone towards a bright future. For others, it’s bittersweet farewell to friends, teachers, and faculty staff, as they prepare to embark on separate paths.

Senior year is also a time for reflection, as students look back on the memories they’ve made and the friendships they’d formed. Talking about reflection, “One of the biggest lessons that I have learned was to be with people who help me to be my best self and that most importantly, you love to be with”, states Emma Powell 24’. 

From late-night study sessions to football games and school dances, these shared experiences have shaped their high school experience and left an indelible mark on their hearts 

However, amidst the excitement and anticipation, there is also a sense of loss. As seniors prepare to leave behind the familiar halls of their school, they can’t help but feel a pang of nostalgia for the memories they’ve created and the moments they’ll miss. Whether it’s the daily rounding of classes, the camaraderie of extracurricular activities, monthly masses, or the comfort of familiar faces, there’s certain nostalgia for the simplicity and familiarity of high school life. 

As they look ahead to the future, seniors are filled with a sense of optimism and excitement for what lies ahead, “I feel excited, hopeful, and happy for the next chapter of my life”, state Courtney Alton 24’.Whether they’re going off to college, entering the workforce, or taking a gap year to explore new opportunities, the possibilities are endless. From pursuing their passions to charting their own course in life, they are ready to embrace the challenges and adventures that await them. 

Yet, amidst the excitement of new beginnings, there’s also a sense of apprehension about leaving behind the comfort and security of home. For many seniors, saying goodbye to family, friends, and familiar surroundings is a daunting prospect, as they prepare to step out into the world on their own. “I also feel a bit of sadness and anxiety. Leaving my family and friends is something that is scary, but it’s something that I need to do for myself”, states Emma Powell, as she gives an intake of her bittersweet emotions.

In the end, the last few months of high school are a time of reflection, anticipation, and excitement for seniors as they prepare to embark on the next chapter of their lives, “looking forward to meeting new people who have similar interests to me in school and outside of school”, states Courtney Alton 24’. While they may miss the familiarity of high school, they are eager to embrace the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead, confident in their ability to navigate the journey ahead.