Spring Sports Coming Into Play

Game+time+for+the+CCHS+boys+Lacrosse+Team.+
Game time for the CCHS boys Lacrosse Team.

The flowers are blooming, the sun is coming out, and spring sports are here!! With the winter season wrapping up after some great wins including Boy Rugby being the league champions, and Girls basketball winning CIF, Cathedral Catholic High School Spring sports are starting to come into play. There are 10 sports in total in the Spring Season. These sports include boys’ and girls’ lacrosse, baseball, softball, girls’ beach volleyball, boys’ indoor volleyball, track and field, swim and dive, boys’ tennis, and girls’ rugby. 

These teams have been training for this upcoming season for months now and it is finally time for them to show off their hard work. Let’s talk about how some of the teams are doing so far. 

So far, baseball is ranked 8th in the nation and they’ve had an amazing start to the season. They are currently 5-2 in season.  With head coach Gary Remiker they are hoping to keep up these wins and dominate in Western League. 

The Girls Track team is so far undefeated. The girl’s and boy’s team won their first dual meet against Mt. Carmel last Thursday and they hope to take another win at their next meet against Patrick Henry. Last season, the girl’s team won CIF and they are predicted to defend their CIF champion title later this season. 

The Boys Lacrosse team is kicking off the season strong. They are currently 3-2 with a big win last week against Carlsbad 7-6. With star senior commits Sean Magtoto, Jacob Pages, and Beck Mahoney they are hoping to be big leaders on the team and lead them. Last year, they were CIF finalists and hope to make a comeback and win this year.  

As the season progresses, we hope these teams move onto CIF and continue to improve each day. With their dedication to the sport, it serves as a big commitment to their success. Cathedral Catholic is excited to see what is to come in the season.