ASB chooses homecoming theme and begins selling tickets

Cathedral’s Associated Student Body (ASB) has determined this year’s homecoming theme and is working with the Drama Department to put on a magical night. Homecoming 2011 will take place on October 22nd.

To determine this year’s homecoming theme, ASB members put their heads together to come up with ideas. They them posted their choices to Moodle and held online votes to determine the pros and cons of each theme.

ASB member Junior Lucas Lawson said, “We pick one from the top three and get it passed by administration.”

This year’s homecoming dance theme is “Mission Control,” a space theme.

Tickets are on sale for thirty dollars until Friday October 21. There will be no tickets sold at the door the day of the dance. Students must have their I.D’s present to purchase tickets.

As in years past, seniors are the only students allowed to bring off-campus dates. They may pick up off-campus date forms from the front office.

This year’s dance will feature a “Senior Hangout Spot,” where seniors will be able to spend time with their classmates. Those wishing to visit the hangout spot must bring their I.D.’s with them in order to receive a wristband and be admitted..

Cathedral’s Drama Department is working to create decorations for homecoming. There will be hanging stars and glow-in-the-dark planets.

Students must be in proper dress code to be let into the dance. Those with questions regarding appropriate dress should visit the front office.

Ladies:
• Dress shoes
• No tennis shoes, no flip-flops
• No plunging necklines and/or backs
• No bare midriffs
• Dresses must be of the appropriate length (No shorter than 5inches from middle knee) and not excessively form-fitting slits on dresses and skirts may not reach higher than the knee

Gentlemen:
• Dress shoes, no tennis shoes (Vans)
• No flip-flops
• Dress pants
• Dress shirt
• Coat and tie are optional
• Shirts must be buttoned and tucked in at all times
• No earrings or hats
Any student that comes to the dance not in dress code will not be allowed into the event.

Dancing rules will be the same as in years past. Students dancing to close to one another, “freaking” or dirty dancing, or dancing with moves that are sexually provocative will not be tolerated.

Students who fail to act according to these guidelines will be sent to the “cool down room.” The first offense will result in a ten minutes stay. In the instance of a second offense, students will be removed from the dance floor for the remainder of the dance.

Commissioner of Activities, junior Lucas Lawson said, “Come check out our fantastic food choices and delectable desserts.”

He encourages students to not wait until the last minute to get tickets for a night in space.