PROFILE: Ms. Adourian

Staff photo for Ms. Adourian
Staff photo for Ms. Adourian

Ms. Adourian is one of the many teachers here at Cathedral Catholic High School, but is that the only thing about her?

Savana Adourian was born an only child to her Armenian parents in Worcester, Massachusetts on April 3rd. As her teenage years began, she never really felt support from people around her and for most of those years, Ms. Adourian felt completely alone. Through these feelings, she ended up growing closer to God, and for a short period, she considered if her life’s purpose was to be a nun and worship God. 

While in high school, she had struggled with making friends, dealing with stress in her life, and trying to fit in with her peers. As time went on, Ms. Adourian met an art teacher who had not only become her biggest supporter, but became her best friend as they would eat lunch together for her last two years in high school. 

Once her high school years ended, Ms. Adourian went into college where she majored in communications due to the amount of opportunities and jobs she could get. Ms. Adourian had originally wanted to become a journalist and, more specifically, wanted to be on the news no matter what role she played. Before she could begin her new career, God helped her realize that being in the news wasn’t the place she would excel the most, so she searched for a new career. 

Using her communication degree, she discovered that teaching was her true passion and almost immediately began searching for various jobs. Since Ms. Adourian was still very in tune with her faith life, so she decided to look for a school that could bring both her passions together. With this in mind, Cathedral Catholic High School became her number one choice. After praying and dreaming of working at Cathedral, they were the first school to respond and it ended up being her first and last interview. This school quickly became her new home and ended up being the place where she would truly find her people. She later explained that she not only uses the skills that she had learned throughout her life but also uses her faith to best serve her students and peers.

Ms. Adourian is a freshman and sophomore English teacher and has one of the most welcoming rooms you will ever see. She is super kind, compassionate, and caring with her students as her door is always open for anyone who needs a friend to eat lunch with. Many students who she either taught last year or are currently teaching, go to her class to talk about their lives, get opinions on things, or have a laugh. If you need a teacher, friend, or someone to talk to, know that Ms. Adourian will be there for you.

Rapid Fire Questions:

Hobbies: Running, Reading, and Creative Small Writing

Animal: Camel (because of the heat)

Place: Desert 

Food: Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Color: Black

Season: Summer

Movie: Back To The Future

T.V. Show: The Kite Runner

Music Genre: Indie

“A good teacher could change someone’s life.” – Ms. Adourian