Sr. Boat Dance creates lasting memories for class of 2012

Kicking off the lineup of exclusive senior events for the school year, the class of 2012 experienced the Senior Boat Dance this past Friday night. With dancing, a gorgeous view of the San Diego Bay and Coronado Bridge, a tight-knit senior class, and some great food and drinks, the night was surely memorable.

Seniors were given one very distinct warning before the dance: the boat leaves the dock at 6 PM sharp. Senior class moderators Ms. Melissa Padgett and Mr. Matt Baier gave a flyer out to every senior who bought the $25 ticket, with clear directions to the dock and information about parking. Even with all the help, some students missed the initial take off from the dock.

“My friends and I made it a few minutes past [6:00 PM] and started running to the dock. It wasn’t bad, though, because I feel like no one did anything for the first hour anyway. The only thing I really missed was warm pizza,” said senior Josh Feist, one of the students who missed the boat.

Luckily, the boat accommodated well with the various schedules of students, so at 7 PM, the boat turned around and picked up students who were late or who had sports.

Despite a rocky start for some, many seniors expressed their positive feelings about the experience.

“The boat dance was a lot of fun. I really don’t see how anyone could not have had a good time!” said senior Audri Laster.

Not only was it a unique experience to dance the night away while watching the Coronado Bridge pass by in the gloomy, dark sky, but the senior dance was one of the events that kicks off the end of high school for the senior class.

“It was great to come together as a senior class before graduation and have a good time on the water,” said senior Alyssa Nelson.

With less than two months until graduation, this dance was the chance for seniors to enjoy the time they have left with their class away from the rest of the school.

Senior Meagan Trisko said, “It was amazing just being able to become closer to members of my class in these last few months of high school.”