CCHS Dance team to present 9th annual concert

The 9th Annual CCHS Dance team Dance Concert is quickly approaching.  The 2012 Dance team, with 21 members, including senior captains Kelsea Lickert, Sydney Gallardo and Kelly Madden, is one of the largest  in CCHS history.

The theme of this year’s event is “Then & Now: Dancing Through the Decades.”  The team has put together a montage of dances to represent the way that the styles of both music and dancing have changed over the years.

“The team has been working really hard to produce one dance from each decade, as well as some more current styles,” said senior Tracy Gallagher.

In preparation for the concert, the team has six practices per week and some extra conditioning in between.  The dancers have been working on incorporating new and improved choreography to their repertoire.

They recently competed and placed 1st in the West Coast Elite Dance Championships at Westview High school.

“This is the first time we have competed as a team since 2008,” said captain Kelly Madden. “I am so proud of how hard the team has worked, and it is a huge accomplishment for us.  The girls have been truly dedicated and continue to work towards improvement.”

The dancers are hoping to impress the crowd with this year’s show.

“The audience can expect a really fun and electric show with an assortment of music and dances that is fun for every generation.  We are hoping to have all of the support we can get and the biggest crowd yet,” said captain Kelsea Lickert.

There will also be a special group of surprise guests joining the team, as well as an enthusiastic host.

The concert is set to take place Saturday March 3rd at 6:30 PM and Sunday March 4th at 2:30 PM.  Tickets will be on presale at lunch or through any team member for $5 and will be sold at the door for $7.