Friday Rally Kicks Off Homecoming Weekend

Moments before the CCHS Homecoming Rally, students and faculty alike were running around the Claver Center, preparing for the big show. The cheer team, with their sparkling uniforms and pom pons, repeatedly practiced their routine while ASB members went over their lines over-and-over again. Costumes flying, music blasting, ASB members last-minute practicing – the audience does not know how much effort is put into these shows.

“It all took two weeks to put together, and we rehearsed for two days,” said senior ASB member Lucy Cline.

Despite the hard work, ASB members seemed to enjoy preparing for the rally, as everyone was dancing or subconsciously moving to songs such as Lemme Love You by Ne-Yo, played by senior Sawyer Daly.

Cathedral students ran enthusiastically into the Claver Center as the cheer team greeted them all with bright smiles and welcoming waves. The ground shook as junior boys ran to get good seats, getting ready to show the other classes what they could do.

But nobody could overpower the seniors as they came in with more school spirit than the others. Excited for the first rally of the year, the Class of 2013 dressed all in red, cheering for the beginning of a great Homecoming weekend.

The rally began with a prayer lead by Father Kelly. Then, the events started.

ASB members surprised their classmates with a special dance, as they were dressed as Willy Wonka’s oompa loompas. This was soon followed by an eye-catching routine by our very own cheer team and a new dance performed by CCHS’ dance team, one that had the whole crowd happily dancing to the beat.

The ASB leaders ended the rally with a battle of the classes. Who could yell “our house” the loudest? As freshman, sophomores, and juniors jumped and screamed, desperately trying to outdo each other, the seniors prepared a special performance for everyone. They danced back and forth, yelling and screaming, surprising their fellow classmates.

“The rally is supposed to bring our school together as a whole,” said Lucy soon after the rally, “and I really think that we made that happen.”