Mr. John Ollier protects Cathedral students on campus

Mr. John Anthony Ollier is one of Cathedral’s on-campus security guards. Originally from Guadalajara, Mexico, one of five boys, he was raised in Chula Vista, California.

He attended Castle Park High school in Chula Vista and was a top football player on his high school team.  John continued on as a construction worker for about 10 years and then decided to try something new.

In 1999, he started to “protect and serve” the campus of USDHS. John works seven days a week, during school and for afterschool sports and dance events.

John said, “I love working with these kids because they’re all awesome in their own way.”

John is known around campus for his famous “point.”  The “point” started about four years ago, and he said he does it to “acknowledge the students.”

When John is not protecting the campus, he is doing what he loves – spending time with his wife and three stepsons. Two of his stepsons, Gabriel and Michael Farfan, play professional soccer for the Philadelphia Union. John loves to workout, lift weights, run, and travel.

John recently returned from a vacation in Alaska.

He said, “It was beautiful; we came face-to-face with a couple bears and their babies that were almost adults, they were huge.”

Alaska isn’t the end of his travels.  He said, “My next vacation is Israel because of my strong Christian faith.” John described his relationship with Jesus as very strong. “When I pray to Jesus I just talk to him like my friend,” he said.  “Live everyday as if Jesus were right there with you, because He is.”