Doubles team first in county

Doubles team first in county

As the Dons Girl’s Tennis Team wraps up its season and prepares for playoffs, seniors Hayley Sanchez and Karly Ryner set themselves apart. The dynamic doubles pair has been recognized as the best in the county according to CIF standings.

“Karly and I met during tryouts before freshman year and have played together ever since,” explains Hayley.

She is one of my closest friends and that makes playing together so much better because we have a fun time. We’re able to push each other to be better while being able to laugh at the same time. We both have a strong determination to win, and our competitiveness helps a lot out on the court,” says the senior Sanchez.

The pair has led the Ladies Tennis Team to a 9-3 record so far this season with key wins in the Titans Doubles Tournament against San Pasqual and La Jolla. The two are enjoying their success, but still acknowledge that they have to finish strong.

Cathedral Catholic Athletics continues to shine in a great variety of sports. And this year, Karly and Hayley claim the title of first in county. Both girls aspire to play tennis in college, although neither player knows where they will be next year.