Lady Don golfers swing to success at City Conference Tournament

Photo by Cole Parsons

Members of the CCHS girls golf team huddle up prior to day two of the City Conference Tournament at Balboa Park Golf Course. Pictured from left to right are Gabby Przybyszewski, Madisen Miller, Madison Gilbert, Jackie Garcia, Alli Williams, Mia Garcia, Monica Yu, Alexis Yannuzzi, Eliza Lozano. Not pictured is Allison Quach.

Jackie Heitman, Sports Editor

Playing at the difficult Balboa Park Golf Course, Junior Jackie Garcia and Sophomore Madisen Miller tied for fifth place yesterday with two-day totals of 161 of at the City Conference Tournament. “I stayed really consistent both days with my iron play,” Garcia said. “Coach Grazier told us to hit fairways and greens and that is what I concentrated on doing.” Miller, who led the tournament after the first day, fired 86 to stay in the top five. As a result of their play at the tournament and during the regular season, Garcia and Miller earned first team All-Western League honors. Senior Alli Williams, who finished in 10th place at the City Conference Tournament with a two-day total of 168, garnered second team All-Western League honors. Juniors Stephanie Fernandez of San Diego Charter and Waverly Whiston of Ja Jolla High School tied for first place with two-day totals of 155.