Dance team’s Jingle Ball opens tonight

Dance teams Jingle Ball opens tonight

Since the summer, our dance teams have been memorizing numerous routines that they will be performing in their upcoming Christmas concert this Friday December 6th. The concert begins at 6:30 pm in the CCHS Guadalupe Theater.

What is expected? “Most of our dances are from throughout the season, like from football games, rallies, and other events,” said Natalie Klinge, a Junior dance team member. While the team has had to redo some of their formations to be able to fit on stage, the dances are essentially the same. The upcoming Christmas concert will be, as Ms. Sara Orbita, the head dance coach, likes to call it, “a season in review”, but also with some new Christmas routines as well.

Also, something that will be unique this year is that the St. Michael’s School Dance Team and our CCHS Glee Club will be performing with our two Dance teams. Why? “I wanted the dance team to host a show where we can share the stage with our friends and community. We decided to start off small, with two guests. Maybe next year we’ll invite more. The goal is to tie in more clubs or groups from CCHS and neighboring schools so we can all celebrate the season together on one stage. Coming together in the season, a feeling of unity, for the reason of Christ. What better reason to host a Christmas show?” Ms. Orbit said.

Because it is the season of giving after all, candy grams, flowers, and DVDs of the show, as well as past dance team shows and holiday dance team tumblers, will be sold not only to support the performers on stage, but also to support people in need. Last year, a portion of the proceeds was given to help build homes for the homeless, as well as buy presents and sponsor Christmas for a family of ten. The team’s plan is to vote on where they would like to donate the proceeds this year.

The girls have been working especially hard this week. Junior Dance team member, Remy O’Donnel said, “We’ve been practicing really diligently everyday this week and running through the show.”

Come and show your support for all of the teams. Get your tickets now for $5 or $7 at the door.  Everyone is encouraged to go to the Christmas Concert to kick off the holiday season.