Counselors introduce streamlined college application process

Mrs. Sharon Rubalcava
Mrs. Sharon Rubalcava

The senior class meetings will begin for our college-bound students on September 6th. Our eldest Dons will, “begin their common application process and develop their post options,” according to Director of Counseling Mrs. Sharon Rubalcava.

Mrs. Rubalcava suggests that seniors complete their applications in a process. When applying with the common application to more than one school, finishing the applications in one night is always an option. However, she suggests that seniors should meet with their advisors first. Counselors will start meeting with their students individually starting September 10th, so they can figure out the best plan.

This year the Cathedral Catholic High School administration is introducing Naviance, a website that streamlines the common application process and allows students to research schools more in depth. The Counselors have made the website a requirement for the class of 2013, since they purchased their license in August.

Mrs. Rubalcava and the other counselors urge seniors to use this website wisely.

By the time seniors apply, their original list of twenty universities should be narrowed down to, at most, eight.

Mrs. Rubalcava said, “Do some soul searching to understand what you’re looking for and what’s important to you.”