Class of 2016’s first dance is welcoming, successful

Class of 2016s first dance is welcoming, successful

The class of 2016 gathered in the Claver Center for their first high school dance on August 24,2012. Before leaving school that day, our reporters had a chance to ask some of our lower classmen what their expectations for the “Freshman Dance” were. A majority of those being interviewed shared the same emotions of both nervousness and excitement.

One student even claimed that she would, “dance all night long!” However, that didn’t seem to be the case as first dance jitters had most of our students paralyzed for the beginning hour of the event.

As the night went on, our Frosh began mingling, laughing, and playing, forgetting all sense of nervousness in the mix. Ice breakers such as  hula hooping, beach ball throwing, and ASB-encouraged dancing quickly got everyone ready for a good  time.  With senior, Sawyer Daly DJ’ing, hits ranging from Flo Rida to Cali Swag District were being played all night long.

As the dance came to an end, it was time to ask the big question-how did everyone like it? Freshman, Megan Sproul only had positive things to say such as, ” It was fun, we had a good time.”

Senior Akasha Vigo from ASB was also pleased: “Despite the few technical obstacles we eventually overcame, the night was an overall success, and we hope the class of 2016 feels welcomed into the Dons family!”