Religion teacher Ms. Purpera is open-minded, approachable

Who is the new religion teacher around school you may wonder. Every year Cathedral Catholic is blessed to have not only new students but, also new teachers join our family. One of these newcomers is Miss Alison Purpera. She teaches Campus Ministry retreats and two junior religion classes.

Although she was raised in Louisiana, once the time for college came, USD was the perfect option. After, she worked in Massachusetts and Louisiana before receiving the job at CCHS making her, “shocked, excited, and very blessed.” The transition has been easy, yet challenging, she claims, but her friends and the CCHS family have been very supportive.

Now that she has three weeks completed at Cathedral, she has many things to look forward to. Some of the things are, “The retreat program and what my students come up with and how creative and passionate they’ll be. Also, seeing the transformation in all people a part of these retreats.”

Another thing she’s looking forward to is football season. Originally from Lafayette, Louisiana, Miss Purpera remains a New Orleans Saints football fan, but claims that, “because of what division the Chargers are in, cheering for them won’t effect the Saints but, if they ever play against each other I am definitely cheering for the Saints.”

Miss Purpera strongly believes that religion is very important and a topic that shouldn’t be intimidating. She hopes to be, “Approachable, trying to be open minded and allowing and wanting students to participate and discuss the topics that come up.”

Lastly of course we had to ask. How does she like those iPads? Like most people would agree, “I know they are a distraction, but they open up so many opportunities for research, and I like them,” she said.

View Comments (1)

• J

John LudeauOct 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Good Luck, Alison! We sure will miss you this year.
    John

Reply