Empire State of Prom

Photo by Jackie Heitman '17

Owen Petterson ’16 asks Kate Garafalo ’17 to prom at Del Mar Beach.

Michaela Jacobs, Staff Writer

Prom, the last dance of the year, is just around the corner, taking place on Saturday, April 23. This year’s theme, “An Empire State of Mind,” was chosen by the ASB class officers, including Junior Executive President Kate Garofalo ‘17.

“Cathedral’s ‘An Empire State of Mind’ prom will be a chance for juniors and seniors to dress up and enjoy a memorable night with friends,” Garofalo said.

This year’s prom will take place at Hahn University Center at the University of San Diego, a new venue for the event. Silver and gold decorations will emulate the city lights of New York City.

Despite the new location, the same rules apply to attendees. Dress code will be strictly enforced, and backup clothes will not be provided if students do not meet the guidelines.

“If you have any questions regarding dress code or just aren’t sure, you can get the dress approved by the Dean’s office before the dance,” Junior Executive Vice President Kate Petosa ’17 said.

The rally that took place today was intended to excite students for the upcoming dance.

“This is my last dance at CCHS, and I’m excited to see how ASB has incorporated the New York theme into the dance,” Emily Rowan ’16 said.

“I’m sure it’ll be a night I won’t forget.”