Campus Ministry invites students to love and worship at XLT Nights

CCHS students are invited to grow in their faith by attending XLT Night tonight in the St. Therese Chapel.

Arcelita Martin, Staff Writer

Cathedral Catholic High School’s Campus Ministry students invite all to join them Nov. 4 for “XLT Night,” a student-run event featuring praise and worship, adoration, reconciliation and student witness talks.

“XLT is more intimate than Mass or praise and worship,” choral singer and senior Melissa Vorndran said. “Everyone in attendance really wants to be there.”

The night is entitled “XLT” as it is an opportunity to exalt, which is usually defined as making one noble in character, or to dignify. However, Exalt (XLT) Night aims to allow CCHS students and community members the opportunity to experience a powerful encounter with Christ, nourishing their faith and fostering their relationships with God.

Senior Campus Minister Kennedy Didier gave a witness talk at last month’s XLT night.

“It was honestly one of the most remarkable experiences of my faith life,” Didier said. “It was simultaneously scary, because I was speaking about such a private thing in front of people for the first time in my life. But [it was] also comforting knowing that the people I was speaking to loved and supported me.”

Didier participated in her first confession and adoration at last month’s XLT night. She said she was inspired by the remarkable people she found herself surrounded by.

These monthly services have been offered for the past year, giving students a designated time for prayer and reflection outside of school hours. Tomorrow, the event will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the CCHS chapel.