950 attend Frosh-Senior Grandparents Day

Cathedral Catholic High School celebrated Grandparents Day, a long-standing tradition for Cathedral and University of San Diego High students and their grandparents, on Tuesday, November 26th from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm in Claver Center. This annual Dons event, with an attendance of nearly 950, represents a special opportunity for grandparents to spend the day with their grandchildren on campus during the school day.  Grandparents Day is planned, organized, and sponsored by CCHS Ambassadors, Event Coordinator Mrs. Janet Cruzan, and the Religion Department.

This year students and their grandparent guests joined celebrant Most Reverend Cirilo Flores, Bishop of San Diego, for a special Mass accompanied by the “amazing entertainment from our very talented students,” said Mrs. Cruzan.  A sit-down luncheon followed.

Mrs. Cruzan explained the importance of Grandparents’ Day as an opportunity for grandparents to be recognized and appreciated, “Grandparents are a gift to their children. We want to honor them.”

Due to space limitations the celebration was limited to freshmen and senior students, along with their grandparents – the senior parking lot was open for all attendees.

The Grandparents’ Day invitation appears on the Home Page of the CCHS website, and questions regarding this event may be directed to Mrs. Janet Cruzan at [email protected].