CCHS introduces Genius Squad, technology problem-solvers

CCHS+introduces+Genius+Squad%2C+technology+problem-solvers+

On the cutting edge of technology, CCHS is successfully integrating the iPad into class rooms for the first full academic year. The introduction of the iPad at CCHS is supported by trained faculty members of Cathedral’s tech department, headed by AP American Government teacher and new Director of Center For Innovation, Mr. Matt Baier.

With the transition from textbooks to iPads in high gear, the newly established Genius Squad offers yet another avenue of support for students who need assistance with technology.

The Genius Squad, a brainchild of the tech office, is a team of students who are in charge of assisting their peers to provide the best possible efficiency and solve problems related to technology.  Not only does this innovative tech team of scholars work with iPads, but they may even be able to help the Cathedral community with other electronic devices.

Mrs. Rosemary Burson, one of the Genius Squad’s faculty leaders, along with Mr. Matt Baier and the technology department, highlight the Squad as being the first stop for any student who needs help. “It keeps down traffic for the tech office,” she said.

There are currently about twenty five students participating in this technologically-savvy group, all working voluntarily on a schedule designed for their convenience. Genius Squad members can be found at the entrance of the library. There will always be a student managing the Squad before school, at break, lunch, and after school.

The Genius Squad is always open to newcomers to build up to its full potential; students can contact Mr. Baier or Mrs. Burson through their CCHS e-mail addresses for details about joining the group.