Knott’s Berry Farm a success among seniors

Knotts Berry Farm a success among seniors

Every year Cathedral seniors are blessed to have many out-of-school experiences with their fellow classmates. These activities include the senior overnighter, retreat, and boat dance, but the biggest on the calendar and the most popular is the annual trip up to Knott’s Berry Farm. The amusement park has been a favorite among seniors, and this year proved to be no different. Last Saturday, May 20th, six busses full of rambunctious seniors drove two hours north up to Buena Park for the adrenaline packed night.

The premise for the Knott’s trip is that seniors get to spend 4 hours, from 8 PM to 12AM in the park; however, the last two hours the students get the park to themselves! The students were definitely rejuvenated by the fact that there wouldn’t be any lines for their last two hours at Knott’s. Seniors took advantage of this privilege, and many got to ride their favorite roller coasters continuously throughout the night. Some of the most popular rides would include Supreme Scream, Boomerang, and everyone’s favorite, Xcelerator.

When asked about what his favorite ride was, senior Corey King said, “My favorite ride is definitely Xcelerator because it’s such an adrenaline rush to be going that fast.” Corey’s quote rings true because all throughout the night Xcelerator was the hot spot for adrenaline junkie Cathedral seniors. Xcelerator launches off at a blazing 82 mph, then ascends to the 205 ft high peak, then swiftly glides down into over banked turns, and finally coming to a smooth ending all in a matter of 32 seconds.

Supreme Scream was also a favorite as it is a 252 ft high drop tower that gives riders beautiful panoramic views as they climb to the top of the tower. The ride also leaves riders breathless as they drop 200 plus feet back down to the ground. Many students overcame their fears of heights and roller coasters, enjoying themselves while on the ride.

By midnight, all the energy was drained from the seniors as they retreated back to their buses. On the ride back many seniors took the time to catch on some sleep and reflect back at all the fun they just had on their final senior trip. As a collective group, seniors really enjoyed this trip and all their other out-of-school events. The seniors had a memorable night to cap off a memorable year as they wind down to graduation this upcoming Saturday on June 1st.