Three college fairs set to take place this weekend

On the weekend of April 26th through the 28th, a myriad of college fairs will be hosted locally for high school students. Two of the fairs are publicly hosted, while CCHS is having its own fair on campus. These three fairs will present a variety of colleges and options for aspiring college-bound students.

The first fair, taking place on the 26th at the San Diego Convention Center, requires students to register before attending. Students will be led by representatives who may answer their questions and even talk to counselors about their search. There are over 240 colleges hosting and the event will include discussions about standardized testing, financial aid, and other programs that students may be interested in.

This college fair primarily offers online help and individual help. Specifically, attendees are required to register, watch a video regarding the fair, and learn about the different types of school through an online program. When the students arrive at the actual fair, the online assistance will have helped them further slim down what they are looking for.

The CCHS fair will take place at lunchtime in front of the chapel steps. This ‘mini college fair’ will include 19 colleges and immediately follow the school rally.

Mrs. Rubalcava said, “All students should think about attending the events. It is never too early for freshman and it is never too early for older students to continue adding to their lists and organizing their options.”

After she said this, Mrs. Rubalcava and the other counselors cheered and expressed their excitement for the recent college news. The counseling office records all student acceptances and where students have applied, though the counselors still have yet to hear from many students.

The final fair, which will occur on the 28th at the Ontario Convention center, will discuss a variety of college-related subjects. For example, unlike the other fairs, a main focus of this College Expo and Student Athlete Symposium will be the benefits of studying abroad. The fair will also focus on the future careers of athletes and their success ‘after the sport.’