For 2011-12 : ipads, new courses,..Beach Boys?!

As 2010-2011 winds down, let’s take a look at the coming CC school year and the plans the admin has for 2011-2012.

“Well, we’re very happy to be adding two new science classes for the next school year,” said Principal Michael Deely. “We are adding Foundations of Athletic Training and Exercise Physiology. We thought adding these courses would give students better options and give them hands-on training with an athletic trainer.”

“Aside from those, we will also be adding an online PE course to help balance the course load,” added Mr. Deely.

On of the major additions to Cathedral coming next year is the integration of iPads.

“We’ve been talking about it for years,” said Mr. Deely. “We believe that it is more practical for some classes, and it will reduce costs.”

“We’re planning on next year being a year of preparation for the teachers before we go to one-to-one,” added Mr. Deely. “We want our students to be on the cutting edge in technology, and we plan on having the newest edition of the iPad when we make the full transition.”

Both the administration and Director of Development Antoinette Moriarty are always looking for more interesting ways of raising money for schools in need through fundraisers.

Ms. Moriarty said, “Next year, our event chairs, Janet and Dennis Cruzan, have something planned that seems to top all other events before it. On December 11, 2011, we will be hosting a ‘Christmas with the Beach Boys” …  A Private Concert’  in the CCHS gym.”

Proceeds from the event will benefit Cathedral Catholic High School and  Notre Dame Academy.

And Ms. Moriarity promises more than just the original Beach Boys in the Claver Center for a full concert.

“We’ll also be having a lot of really cool live auctions!” she said.

This article reflects a correction of the original June 14th  article which misstated that the concert was being held for “Notre Dame Academy and St. Theresa’s Academy.”  This version excluded CCHS and incorrectly spelled St. Therese Academy.  – Adviser