Alex’s Lemonade Stand sponsoring pajama drive for cancer

Alexs Lemonade Stand sponsoring pajama drive for cancer

For around six years, Cathedral Catholic’s Alex’s Lemonade Stand Club has been doing much more than serving cold beverages at the yearly carnivals.  Led by senior co-presidents Farah Palomas and Lexi Chalita, the club is currently sponsoring a pajama drive.

Senior Ann Pollack said, “Students can drop off pajamas in English teacher Mrs. Marilyn Harmaning’s room from January 23rd through February 3rd.  The clothes have to be new for health reasons, and we are targeting the age group of toddlers to teens.”

Alex’s Lemonade Stand is a nation-wide organization.

Farah said, “The girl who was the founder suffered from cancer and sold lemonade in an effort to raise money.  When she died, people continued to try and raise money for cancer awareness in her memory.”

The club meets every Gold 4 day at lunch in Mrs. Harmaning’s room.  The club leaders are also planning other service projects for later this year.

Farah said, “The purpose of the club is to raise money and awareness for childhood cancer.  We are going to donate the pajamas to Isabella’s Gift Foundation, which gives them to cancer patients in the hospital.  We are also going to make hats for a tea party that will be put on for kids suffering from cancer.”

Alex’s Lemonade Stand is working to make a difference.  Current members strongly encourage new members to come and join.   And at the Spring Carnival, students can see them serving more than just lemonade.  The club serves cookies also.