Ms. Clave helps students recognize full potential

Ms. Lisa Clave, Cathedral’s newest physics teacher, fits perfectly into the CCHS community. Having worked in the Learning Center and as a geometry teacher, she now teaches physics at both the regular and AP levels.

Ms. Clave is a graduate of both Torrey Pines High School and the University of California Santa Barbara. She had intended to be an engineer before deciding on teaching as a profession.

“I discovered my heart was with people,” she said. “My favorite part about teaching is being able to help teens recognize their full potential as students and individuals.”

Ms. Clave believes students should enroll in physics classes because physics is important and interesting.  It is the study of everything around us – all of the reactions and interactions that take place throughout our daily lives.

The strong sense of community at Cathedral is what Ms. Clave likes best about the school, and she feels that CCHS has been very welcoming to her.

Students are enthusiastic about her classes.  “She is very, very nice,” reported one senior. “My friends and I love being in her class, and I feel like she will make physics easy to understand. I’m really glad to have her as my teacher!”