U.S.A Waves The White Flag To Mother Nature

USA Waves The White Flag To Mother Nature, as multiple states are trying to survive the incoming blizzards, storms, and tornadoes.
Nikolas Noonan

Over 50 states are being affected by massive winter storms. Hundreds of thousands of people are waking up without power on the East Coast after downpours, massive floods, and massive winds are rising near the southern states- warning to keep a watch for tornados. 

Comparing the ongoing weather reports to the western states, we have been going through far more desolate days in comparison to last year’s winter months. Temperatures fall to nearly 32° F at night and don’t rise any higher than 67° F during the day. The remaining question of 2024 is whether or not it will beat the 2023 record of natural disasters. 

Overall, 164 million people were warned about the winter weather alerts from freezing temperatures to tornado warnings. Even Hawaii was to face messy weather, as Maui CEMA (County emergency management agency) said flooding was continuing due to the ongoing rain of 1 inch per hour. 

Multiple tornadoes were reported in Florida, their effects felt all the way at South Carolina where there has been reported “significant damage”. As the bottom of the cold storm engaged with warmer, wetter air to the south, an ongoing line of thunderstorms and high wind whirlpools were created. “More than 600,000 energy customers in a contiguous path from the tip of Florida to New York”, went without power earlier on Tuesday evening as shown in USA power outages.

This resulted in over 1350 flights being canceled, and more than 8700 flights being delayed. Dangerous driving conditions have led to multiple vehicle crashes due to whiteout conditions. “In Kansas, around 30 people, including children, got stranded and had to be rescued […] taken to a high school during blizzard and whiteout conditions”, as stated by the CNN Weather report.

These natural disasters are all consequences from the ongoing issue of global warming and are continuously affecting the entire world. These are more reasons to focus on the issues that keep damaging our home and to finally come to a realization to start healing our home, to furthermore protect and prevent natural disasters from occurring.