The Ivy League Bound

Yale+and+Harvard+emblems+beside+each+other+on+school+uniform.+
Yale and Harvard emblems beside each other on school uniform.

As the college application season unfolds, the halls of Cathedral Catholic are buzzing with excitement and anticipation. Two standout seniors, Nylah King-Boyd and Anthony Scheder, have emerged with flying colors, having received acceptance letters from two of the most prestigious universities in the world- Harvard and Yale.

For Nylah King-Boyd, the culmination of years of hard work and dedication arrived when she received the coveted acceptance letter from Harvard University. Known for her academic prowess and tireless involvement in extracurricular activities, Nylah’s commitment to excellence has paid off. When asked about the sacrifices she made to secure her spot at Harvard, she shared, “Missed social events, late nights studying that were all part of the journey. But the sacrifice was worthwhile, knowing that it was preparing me for my dream of attending Harvard.” Nylah mentioned her excitement being surrounded by “like-minded individuals” who will push her to be the best student and person she can be. Her perseverance and competitive spirit highlight yet another reason she will be a Pilgrim for the next four years.

On the other side of the spectrum is Anthony Schroder, a brilliant young man bound for New Haven. Anthony has been accepted to Yale University, a dream he has harbored since childhood.  He also mentions the “gothic architecture” and “learning opportunities” that drew him to this school. His hours of dedication to different activities, limited time for friends, and pressure to succeed in all aspects of his life have earned him a home in one of the world’s most excellent universities. Anthony comments on his excitement for the “unique people and environment” he will encounter in 2024.

As both Nylah and Anthony prepare for the next chapter of their lives, their stories spark conversations about the choices seniors face when deciding on their college careers. Cathedral’s teachers, counselors, and students are proud of these exceptional individuals and anticipate the mark they will surely make on their university communities. Nylah and Anthony serve as living proof that dedication, passion, and hard work can open doors to a bright future.