Tis The Season: Holiday Cheer Takes Over Campus

As Christmas nears, the holiday spirt around our campus is evident! Groups like ASB, NHS, Mission and Ministry and many others have helped host Christmas events and decorate the school!

As Christmas nears, our campus is dedicated to bringing Christmas cheer to campus. No Snow, no problem! Being a catholic school, we are able to celebrate Jesus’ birth and rejoice on campus. Many groups on campus help to organize Christmas activities to help bring the spirit of Christmas to students during challenging times like finals week.

One of the most helpful groups in bringing Christmas spirit to campus is ASB. Sinclair McComic, the Captain of activities, explains how ASB has been preparing for Christmas. They have been working on decorations since before Thanksgiving break and coming in to hang the decorations during the break. ASB also planned spirit days during dead week. They have an ugly Christmas sweater day on the 14th and a pajama day on the 15th. They also organized a Christmas-themed door competition that decked the halls! Many 7th period classes decorated their doors in hopes of winning. Another thing that ASB has done is running Candy Grams.Students were able to pay $1 and send a candy gram that consisted of a note and a candy cane to a friend or loved one.

NHS has also provided many activities, including; cookie decorating, toy drives, and a beach volleyball tournament for fundraising. Mission and Ministry organized a sock drive that took place from November 28th to December 15th. The socks were given to Father Joe’s village and were a great way to give back during the holidays. They also passed out Hot cocoa, tamales, and pan dulce to celebrate Juan Diego and Our Lady of Guadalupe.

There are also many other activities, including; the winter dance concert that has just wrapped up. The dance concert took place on December 6th and 7th and was a fun way to get in the Christmas spirit and watch our fantastic dance team perform! The Christmas Cabaret was also held on December 11th and included drama performances from many theater members. Furthermore, the annual Christmas concert is held on December 14th and features the choir, band, wind ensemble, string orchestra, and the rock band. They will have festive music, and admission is free!

As the festive energy continues to fill our campus, it’s evident that the absence of snow hasn’t dampened our spirit one bit. Thanks to the dedication of ASB, NHS, Mission and Ministry, and many other groups, our halls are filled with holiday cheer and goodwill. From spirited themed days to heartwarming drives, our community has come together in the true spirit of giving.