Week in Pictures February 25, 2019 – March 1, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Toni Kwan ‘21 ducks under a rope during a game of limbo at the Celebrate Life Day knoll festivities. The theme for Life Week’s fifth and final day, Celebrate Life hoped to encourage the happiness and appreciation of life through games on the knoll, free popcorn, and inspirational notes posted around the hallways. Life Week as a whole consisted of five days, each focusing on pro-life topics through talks by experts, group discussions, prayer groups, and interactive activities.

Photo by Riley Hetherington

Photo by Riley Hetherington

Photo by Riley Hetherington

Chloe Staples and Ellery Wakeman

Life Week, track meets, and California Interstate Federation championship basketball games filled the week at Cathedral Catholic High School, inspiring Dons to stay grateful for blessings while protecting other people’s rights to life. CCHS track and field athletes traveled to Valley Center High School on Thursday, participating in an informal start-of-season meet. The Mount Carmel Field and Distance Festival took place on Saturday, involving select athletes in both the field and distance categories. Life Week introduced students to pro-life concepts with various themes each day, including adoption and parenthood, homeless advocacy day, and elder care. CCHS men and women’s basketball teams competed for state titles, losing the games but planning on a strong comeback next season.

About the Writer
Ellery Wakeman, Assistant Photo Editor

Born and raised in San Diego, my interests include writing, photography, soccer, and cross country running. By nine years old, my best friend and I formed...