Celebrating Dia De Los Muertos at Cathedral Catholic High School

Neve Walker

Altar in the Academic Center at CCHS. This altar commemorates past loved ones of students here at Cathedral.

Neve Walker, Editor in Chief

Dia De Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, is celebrated here at Cathedral, organized by the Spanish Honor Society. Dia De Los Muertos is celebrated on Sunday, November 1st to Monday, November 2nd. 

Edna Luna, senior, is the president of Spanish Honor Society, and explains what CCHS did for Dia De Los Muertos. 

“We brought in pictures of our loved ones who have passed away.” Said Luna, about how they have prepared for the altar that they have made, in remembrance of their loved ones. 

Students have worked together to make an altar of their loved ones.

“Students were very collaborative and we worked together to put this piece together.” Said Luna, in reference to their altar.

But why is this altar important to CCHS and National Spanish Honor Society? Luna shares with us what the altar and celebration of Dia De Los Muertos represents to the Hispanic community. 

“It’s a form of sharing what we do for our culture, it represents the beauty of our culture.” Said Luna. “It’s for us to carry on the legacy of different loved ones and never forget them and where we came from and our roots.”