Sophomore retreat kicks off today

Sophomores gather in small groups to develop their spirituality at retreats.

Lauryn Sanchez, Staff Writer

Cathedral Catholic High School’s Campus Ministry students will host the sophomore retreat Sept. 28 and 29.

“Students can expect a fun day with either their brothers or sisters at Cathedral,” Ms. Marie Lopez said. “It will be a time of getting to know themselves as young men and women, and deepening their relationships with God.”

Sophomore girls and boys will be separated; the girls will attend the Sept. 28 retreat and the boys will attend the Sept. 29. The theme for the girls’ session is “Wonderfully Made,” while the boys’ theme is “Brothers in Christ”.

Other than theme, the retreats will present the same information, activities and overall experience. Both retreats will include guest speakers, prayer and surprise activities.

“Going into the retreat, students just need to be open to the experience,” Campus Ministry Director of Retreats, Mr. Jeff Gramme, said.

During the retreat, students are broken up into smaller groups for activities and discussions. This past week, sophomores received an email indicating who their group leader will be.

Besides checking their inboxes, students need little preparation for the retreat. Sophomores only are asked to come to retreat with an open mind.

“As a transfer student, I’m very excited for my first retreat,” sophomore Darby Goodell said.

The retreat offers various opportunities that will foster relationships and build community among the sophomore class. Sophomores are encouraged to participate in the various events and make their retreat worthwhile.