Dons Day welcomes prospective freshmen to CCHS community

Ashley Gonzalez, Contributing Staff Writer

Dons Day, an exciting time for incoming freshman to explore their potential high school, takes place Oct. 21 at Cathedral Catholic High School.

Incoming freshmen are excited to experience the welcoming home of the Dons, including prospective students like Britany Esperianza and several other eighth graders.

“I’m looking forward to Cathedral’s Dons Day to learn more about the programs and clubs that they offer to the Don’s community,” Esperianza, an eighth grader at Nativity Prep Academy, said. “The possibilities of a new adventure are endless, especially at Cathedral.”

Dons Day is an opportunity for students to learn more about the Cathedral family and to have a better understanding of what being a Don is. At a time when some private schools are experiencing enrollment declines, the event also serves as a major recruitment tool for CCHS, which hopes to increase enrollment to 2,000 students.

“I’ve heard great things about Cathedral, and I am excited about meeting new people, learning about the clubs they offer, and even sports!” Angelie Arcos, another student from Nativity Prep Academy, said. “Not only did I learn about the strong welcoming offered when you first arrived, but the help you get when you are uncertain of something,” 

Students also learn about the endless possibilities that the Dons’ community offers.

“The reason why I am excited for Dons Day is because I can understand the responsibility that comes when you become part of their family,” Jorge Nunez, a student from Our Lady of Angels, said. “Also, Cathedral gives everyone opportunities to make the world a better place. Don’s Day is one step closer to changing the world!”

Students are encouraged to welcome future Dons freshmen this Wednesday on campus.