Clogged vacuum causes shelter in place

Alianna Torres, Features Editor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Cathedral Catholic High School administration called a shelter in place this morning due to a clogged shop vacuum that released dust, alerting sensors and setting off the fire alarm in the Claver Center weight training room.

“When the alarm goes off in the weight room, we have a panel that tells us which sensor goes off so then security and I go investigate the problem,” CCHS Dean of Students Mr. Michael Wallace said. 

Students in gym and weight training classes evacuated to the field before administration and facilities discovered the source of the problem. 

“Once we were down there, we were able to figure out that it was dust that had clogged up one of the sensors,” Mr. Wallace said. “It’s a weird situation because there’s not really anything you can do to not have dust near the sensors. Everything is good now.”