Ambassador applications due

Sara Vechinski, Copy Editor

The Cathedral Catholic High School Ambassadors for Christ Corps, an organization of community service and public relations outreach for high school students, has recently opened applications for new members.

“Ambassadors are the first line of students the community meets, so [applicants] should be eager to help us show the community what CCHS is all about,” Ambassadors moderator Mrs. Kayla Tucker said.

Ambassadors must meet a semester requirement of 10 hours per semester by representing CCHS at various events, such as Dons Day, open house, school liturgy, and street fairs. Ambassadors can also earn hours by allowing prospective students to shadow them throughout the day.

All applications are due online by Feb. 15, and students must acquire a teacher recommendation and attend an interview with a copy of their transcripts.

By serving as Catholic role models, Ambassadors emphasize the faith community on campus.

“Ambassadors embody the Catholic and CCHS identity through service on campus and in the community,” Mrs. Tucker said.

While demonstrating their faith for others, Ambassadors also have to opportunity grow in their own faith.

“Ambassadors enabled me to bring leadership to my faith and share my faith with new students, which encourages me to keep growing in my faith,” Hailey Colman ’19 said.