Scholarship applications available

Audrey Taylor, Spiritual Life Editor

In order to aid Cathedral Catholic High School students’ ability to  pay tuition, the portal to submit scholarship applications from incoming freshmen and CCHS freshmen, sophomores, and juniors for the 2019-2020 school year recently opened on the CCHS website.

CCHS awards more than $4 million annually in scholarships and financial aid every year. The scholarships available offer varying sums of money, ranging from $500 to full tuition.

All submissions are due Jan. 31.

Due to fund raising events and individual donations, CCHS, which offers a total of 50 available scholarships, added 23 new scholarships for this year’s application, including the Ethan Olson Memorial Scholarship, Academic Merit Scholarships, and Honor Society Merit Scholarships.

“Each of the scholarships have a different focus or requirement,” Director of Major Gifts Mr. Michael Trunzo said. “These [requirements] are based on the donor’s wish when they created the scholarship.”

The CCHS scholarship application process is competitive. Winners are chosen either based on the donor’s criteria or the applications are sent to the donor for a final decision, Mr. Trunzo said.

About the Writer
Audrey Taylor, Spiritual Life Editor

As a senior at Cathedral Catholic High School, I have been involved with yearbook, ASB, varsity lacrosse, and several other student organizations. With...