NHS welcomes new members

Riley Hetherington, Editor-in-Chief

The Cathedral Catholic High School National Honor Society hosted its induction ceremony tonight in the Guadalupe Center to welcome 112 new inductees from the class of 2020 into the prestigious academic organization.

“At tonight’s induction, students will be called up one-by-one to receive their certificate and a handshake from the officers and Mr. Caro,” newly appointed NHS Vice President Sophia Bosque ‘19 said. “Then, next year’s NHS officers will step into their roles and introduce themselves to the newly inducted NHS members.”

Every year, NHS officers invite current sophomores with an accumulative GPA of 3.75 to apply for membership. Applicants must not only meet grades requirements, but they also must exemplify service, leadership, and character.

“This year’s additions seem to be a very hardworking and determined group of people, and the officers and I are looking forward to working with them next year,” Bosque said. “Next year, NHS is going to collaborate more with ASB and Campus Ministry.

“We’re excited to expand our projects and really make NHS the best it can be.”

About the Writer
Riley Hetherington, Editor-in-chief

As my second year as El Cid Editor-in-Chief begins, I look forward to spending my senior year improving the newspaper and eventually leaving El Cid in great hands with the current underclassmen staff. Apart from El Cid, I actively participate in the National Honor Society, National English Honor Society, and Campus Ministry. I also spend a majority of my free time volunteer tutoring. Off campus, I like to spend my free time at the beach, pool, or watching movies with my sister. I absolutely love living in sunny San Diego, but I hope to spend my college years somewhere new. Although I will miss my extensive family and the CCHS community, but I cannot wait for the new places, new friends, and new experiences that these next four years will bring.