College options abound

Angelina Hicks Copy Editor, Copy Editor

The National College Fair, hosted annually by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), occurred yesterday at the San Diego Convention Center with the hopes to expose high school students to different colleges and universities from all around the country.

“The National College Fair is always offered in the spring in San Diego,” counseling office assistant Ms. Denise Flynn said. “This is the time of year that high school juniors, who will soon be seniors, are actively researching colleges and learning about the college application process.”

At the National College Fair, more than 300 colleges and universities attended from across the nation, where they encouraged students to learn about their institutions and to help students sort through the qualities they look for in a college.

NACAC, an organization made of more than 16,000 college world-wide admissions representatives, independent college counselors, and high school college counselors, serve students in the transition from high school to college.

“This fair is the best way to meet college admissions representatives face-to-face, get information from schools you know you are interested in, and learn about those that you’ve never even heard of before,” Ms. Flynn said.

Many CCHS students did just that.

Alicia Morales ‘19 experienced college life and learned about different colleges across the country after attending the National College Fair.

“There are tons of options for every type of student regardless of how you think your chances of getting anywhere are,” Morales said. “There are colleges and universities that you wouldn’t have known existed, and they just might surprise you with their curriculums and athletics.”