Jordan Chang follows passion of DJ’ing

Jordan Chang follows passion of DJing

LeeAnne Bates, Staff Writer

Known as Jordan Chang on the Cathedral Catholic campus, this passionate Dj brings the world of music a personal sound to love. Producing electronic music similar to songs played at Coachella, this young musician has a special place in his heart for this entertaining art. “I run by Chang Daddy,” said junior Jordan Chang. Known as Chang Daddy since the days of Little League, Jordan decided to keep this eccentric nickname as his stage name.

“I bought Dj equipment when I was younger because my cousin was really into it, and I’ve loved it ever since,” said Chang. Influenced by his older cousin, Tim, Jordan has deejay-ed as a hobby since he was twelve. After watching his cousin work on tracks, Jordan eagerly began working on his own music.

“All summer I produce music and I send it to my friends to hear what they think,” said Chang. Mainly playing his music for friends and their parties, Jordan keeps himself out of the limelight. However, Jordan does have his tracks played by some bigger names, like Avicii.

Keeping his work modest and simple, Jordan said, “My goal is to let as many people as possible hear my music.”

Jordan said he wants his music to be heard for what it is, not because it’s something popular. Only making music to do what he loves most, Jordan doesn’t want to go anywhere and sell out stadiums full of people. Jordan says he is happy where he is currently.

Not only is Jordan dedicated to his work, but he’s devoted to helping others through his music. Proudly, Jordan said, “Any money I make I give to my sister.” Jordan’s sister donates this money to a cancer charity she treasures.