Dons baseball looks “strong” going into Falcons game

Lorenzo Aguilar, Staff Writer

Your Dons Varsity baseball team is currently tied in first (3-1) coming off from wins against the Saints, Patrick Henry and Mira Mesa. After coming of a devastating loss to start league against Scripps Ranch, the Dons bounced back with an huge win against the Saints resulting in a score of 2-1. Junior Pitcher Kai Walter said,”It was definitely the best win of the season and the most exciting one by far! We worked efficiently and although we slipped up towards the end of the 6th we managed to pull through.”

The Dons managed to win by a one point margin again this Tuesday against Mira Mesa High School with a final score of 3-2. Senior Griffen Case had a huge game as he had an average of .750 as well as a run. The Dons had a huge third inning as well, they notched down two runs and another one in the sixth. The Marauders, who currently have a record of (1-17) almost came back as they scored one run in the final inning to finalize the score to 3-2.

After the game, senior pitcher Griffen Case said, “Although it looked like we were easily going to take this one, I kept my mindset in the game and treated it like any other game should be treated, a championship. It was a very close game as it came down to the last pitch and we pulled through another win.”

Yesterday, the Dons pulled off a miracle as they were trailing by one all the way towards the start of the sixth inning, when senior catcher Toru Sugiura and senior third baseman John Cresto both scored a run and take the outright lead. The game ended with a final score of 2-1 and an emotional finish for the Dons, as they came out clutch and remained unbeaten for the week and are now on a three game winning streak.

The Dons will have two weeks to prepare for their next game as the will face Scripps Ranch Falcons, who now stands in a battle for 3rd with Patrick Henry who both have a record of 2-2. They will face the Falcons on the 5th of May in an away game over at Scripps Ranch High School, at 3:30 pm. Junior catcher Jack Harris said,”Our team is looking very strong and with two weeks off we will train harder, work harder and play harder the next time we are on base.”

Be sure to follow @ElCidSports on Twitter for more updates on the baseball team.