CCHS Dance Teams brings true holiday spirit to their fellow Dons

Photo by Dance Team Photographer

Members of the Varisty and Junior Varsity Dance Teams joined forces with the ‘Mance Team and Glee Club to the delight of all people in attendance at the recent Winter Dance Concert.

Michaela Jacobs, Staff Writer

Cathedral Catholic High School’s Varsity and Junior Varsity Dance Teams invited the CCHS and surrounding communities to get into the Christmas spirit by attending their Winter Dance Concert last Friday night.

With only one dance performance this season before the new year, the dance teams felt the support of the CCHS community at their dance showcase.

“I was happy to see so many people there; it was a packed audience,” JV dancer Maddy Gustini ’18 said. “It made me excited and ready to preform.”

The Guadalupe Theatre hosted a full house with nonstop cheering.

“You could see bright smiles everywhere,” Varsity dance captain Sydney Suprenant ’16 said.

There were performances from both Varsity and JV Dance Team. For an extra special holiday treat, the CCHS ‘Mance Team contributed its own number to the lineup. St. Michael’s Catholic School Dance Team and the CCHS Glee Club also gave a short performance.

“Mance team was definitely a success,” Suprenant ’16 said. “They’ve been practicing for this concert just as long as we have. They preformed their dances and were spot on with every move.”

Continuing with the holiday spirit of giving, the dance team contributed some of their proceeds to Brycen Newman, a CCHS student battling melidoblscoma, a type of brain cancer.

“This year is for Brycen,” Varsity dance captain Kelly Gitre ’16 said.

Working hard since July, the dance teams had the great opportunity to bring in such a large audience for a cherished fellow Don.

The Dance Teams’ frequent rehearsals and practices helped perfect their new routines. In addition to working on new dances for the concert, the Dance Teams also performed dances at several football games this past fall season.

“Many months of hard work have gone into this concert,” Varsity dance captain Megan Darrow ’16 said.

The next dance concert CCHS can look forward will be the spring Dance Concert, the dance teams’ biggest concert of the school year.

“This was my first time coming to a CCHS dance concert and I really loved it,” CCHS student Cheyenne Alli ’18 said. “I’m definitely coming to the spring show.”