Dons prepare for Friday’s Holy Bowl

Senior Madison Scharbarth is fired up to take on Saint Augustine High School Friday in the Holy Bowl at CCHS.

Arcelita Martin, Staff Writer

To prepare for the annual Holy Bowl Friday night between Cathedral Catholic High School and the Saint Augustine High School, CCHS students plan to bleed red and gold before the sun rises at an early morning pep rally until they leave Manchester Stadium victorious later that night.

The Dons will foster their spirit early in the day with an Alarm Clock Pep-Rally by KUSI News at 7 a.m. in the Claver Center in a battle of spirit between the Saintsmen and the Dons.

“We will be having a competition with Saints over who can be the loudest,” Carter Lynn, an ASB senior member responsible for organizing tomorrow’s rally, said. “The more students, the better. Just bring your Dons spirit and get ready to be loud.”

ASB and Los Locos strongly encourage all Dons to wake up cheering for their school at the Alarm Clock Pep Rally. Students in attendance will receive free breakfast burritos and doughnuts.

To continue the Dons spirit, there will be an All American Grill-out at lunch on the grassy knoll, where burgers will be sold for $5. Live student performances will also be featured at lunch to continue the Holy Bowl festivities.

After a day of accumulating excitement and zeal, the county-known duel will take place at 7p.m. at Manchester Stadium. The notorious game not only scores touchdowns on the field, but with those in the stands.

“The Holy Bowl is a tradition for everyone” Los Locos President Preston Stebel, said.

Although the Holy Bowl is known for its exciting competition, it also creates a greater sense of community amongst the Dons. Bringing alumni, students, and prospects of CCHS and their families, the annual event allows fans of the Dons to see the range of people supporting CCHS.

“Why wouldn’t we support our school?” Stebel said. “We want them to win, so we should be there.”

Los Locos and ASB ask Dons fans to wear white to the game in support of the CCHS football team.

At the game, ASB will host Friday Night Lights, featuring Kona Ice, Sunshine Cookies, Real Food Bistro and Alpine Coffee to fuel the Dons cheering on the football team. Activities such as face painting and poster making will be available to illustrate the students’ fight for another Dons victory.