‘Our House’ is an Open House

CCHS welcomes prospective students at its annual Open House.

Jackie Heitman, Sports Editor

Cathedral Catholic High School holds its annual Open House Oct. 17 on the CCHS campus from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The CCHS Administration, Student Ambassadors, Associated Student Body, and Campus Ministry plan Open House as an exciting, information-packed day open to the public.

“Our purpose is to bring in prospective families so they can tour the campus and meet with people in terms of athletics and to get to know the campus better,” Ms. Kayla Balke said.

Each subject and program at CCHS host panels to field questions, giving prospective students, parents, and grandparents a look at what happens in each program and the environment that students experience at CCHS.

Although the school welcomes the public to join, many eighth-grade students and their families come to check out the school to feel what they will experience next year.

“My family has been going to the open house every year for five years,” Gabriella Flores, an eighth grader at St. Patrick’s, said. “We started when my older sister was a freshman. Now, since I’m in eighth grade, it’s exciting to see and experience my future school and the family I finally get to be with next year.”

Each department wants to get children and adults involved in the school, so many hands on activities, such as iPad use, will be offered at the various panels. The event really shows the public what the CCHS community has to offer.

“We hope that after the open house, Cathedral becomes their house, too,” Ms. Balke said, referencing the CCHS iconic “Our House” cheer.

Click here for panel locations and Campus Tour times.