CCHS students pump it up at Fall rally

Cheerleaders build a pyramid at a previous rally.

Tommy Lyle Temple, Staff Writer

This Friday Cathedral Catholic High School’s Associated Student Body will host the Fall Rally to boost school spirit before the homecoming weekend.

Students will be released from their second period class at 10:55 a.m., to attend the rally in the gym. The rally will focus on the homecoming dance theme, “A Very Merry Un-Homecoming”. In order to incorporate the theme, ASB has planned a short skit about Alice being led to Homecoming by the Mad Hatter.

All of the fall sports captains will be introduced during the rally, including “football, water polo, volleyball, cross country and field hockey,” ASB Commissioner of Activities Amanda Wright said.

Ms. Christine Lagrimas, ASB moderator, wants all students to remember to their class colors.

“All of these colors will be very bright and radiant in order to compliment the theme of the dance,” Ms. Lagrimas said.

Freshmen will wear green, sophomores will wear blue, juniors will wear yellow and seniors will wear pink and tie-dye.

“I don’t want anyone out of color,” Ms. Lagrimas said. “We all know how embarrassing that is.”

As with years past, the varsity dance and cheer teams will perform. The men’s dance team will also be making an appearance at the rally and dance with the women’s dance team.

Tickets for the dance are still being sold in front of Ms. Lagrimas’ office at lunch for $40.

“It’s never to late too pick up your tickets,” Ms. Lagrimas said. “I hope you all come to homecoming.”