ASB hosts sophomore movie night at Alumni Park tomorrow

Tommy Lyle Temple, Staff Writer

This Saturday, Sept. 19, Mr. Jeff Owen and the Associated Student Body will host Sophomore Movie Night at the Cathedral Catholic Alumni Park.

The event will be held from 8-10 p.m., but showing up early will give students the opportunity to get good seats. There will be a dessert bar with cookies, cake, ice cream, chocolate sauce, and “some delicious lemon bars,” said Mr. Owen, sophomore class moderator.

All the students present at the Alumni Park movie that night will vote to watch one of Will Ferrell’s movies. The movies will range from PG to PG-13, as nothing R-rated will be shown.

“It will be a lot of fun,” Mr Owen said. “The movie will be great and everyone will have a good time.”

There will be no seats at the park so Mr. Owen requests sophomore students to bring a beach towel instead of a blanket.

“I don’t want anyone snuggling with each other and it is kind of hard to snuggle with a beach towel,” Mr. Owen said. “I just want them to enjoy the movie.”

“I just hope the movie night is more fun than some of Will Ferrell’s jokes,” said sophomore student Carson Linxwiler.

The tickets will be on sale in front of the library at lunch for five dollars. Mr. Owen hopes students will enjoy the movie night.