Calling all freshmen! “Day Glow” dance takes place Friday, August 21

Arcelita Martin, Staff Writer

Tomorrow night, on August 21st, all freshman are invited to attend the Frosh Dance. The dance will take place in the Cathedral Catholic High School Guadalupe Center. Doors open at seven o’clock, and will remain open until eight. After 8:00 p.m., the doors will re-open at 10:00 p.m.

The theme this year is “Day Glow,” so freshmen should arrive in fluorescent attire. Boys and girls should wear jeans, as shorts are not permitted. Tickets are on sale at break and lunch for five dollars.

“Freshman can look forward to a night filled with dancing alongside friends, as well as food, drinks, a photo booth, and a great time bonding with your class,” said senior ASB* member, Griffin McComb.

Every year, the Frosh dance gives new members of the CCHS community an exclusive opportunity to mingle with one another. Freshmen are looking forward to interacting with their friends in a whole new way on Friday. “You don’t have to wear a uniform. I get to wear neon clothes, and be awesome,” said freshman Kai Dickinson.

Freshman Alana Stevick is excited for the food, and the opportunity to request her favorite songs. The ASB hopes everyone will join Kai and Alana at the dance.

El Cid gathered seniors to give advice to this year’s freshman, and to recollect on their experience at the Freshman Dance. “You only get one freshman dance in your whole life, so make the most of it,” said senior Reid Johnson.

Senior Graziella Cannarsa said, “Everyone is just as nervous as you are, and it’s a perfect opportunity to meet new friends! You want to become close with your class, and that starts with making individual friendships.”

Three years later, the freshman dance is still a memorable event to the Class of 2016, as they remember the night that lasting friendships began. “Just let loose and try to avoid caring how you look, or what people think of you because it will definitely lead to a much better time, with much better memories,” said senior Sean Lofthus.

*Associated Student Body (Student Government)