The Beach Boys grant Cathedral one last concert

Back by popular demand, rock and roll legends The Beach Boys will headline Cathedral Catholic’s annual gala and largest fundraising event, Mardi Gras with The Beach Boys, on Saturday, March 1st at 5:30 p.m. at the Rancho Bernardo Inn.  Appearing alongside the band will be special guest, actor and musician John Stamos of Full House television fame, and frequent guest of the band. The evening includes cocktails and dinner, silent and live auctions, dancing, and a private concert.  This will mark The Beach Boys’ second and final appearance on behalf of the Cathedral community.  Proceeds from the event, which is expected to draw 550 guests, will raise funds for improvements to the CCHS Music Program that include expansion of the Pep Band, Jazz Band, Orchestra, and Contemporary Choir.

Mardi Gras with The Beach Boys presents an incomparable and rare opportunity to enjoy a performance by the world-famous musicians in a personal and intimate setting.  According to Mrs. Janet Cruzan, CCHS Event Coordinator, “The Beach Boys do not give concerts for 550 people – they give concerts for 20,000 people. To see The Beach Boys play at a private venue is a chance of a lifetime.  We are grateful and honored that The Beach Boys have granted us one last concert.”

Due to the timing of this year’s gala just before the beginning of Lent, Jacquelyn Love, wife of Beach Boy Mike Love, had the idea for the celebratory theme of Mardi Gras, in true New Orleans fashion, according to Mrs. Cruzan.

Mardi Gras with The Beach Boys, spearheaded by Mrs. Cruzan, is planned and organized by the CCHS Development Office, a team of 64 volunteers and eight Dons Ambassadors who will be on hand to assist the evening of the event.  Silent and live auctions, regular features of Dons galas, are an important source of fundraising.  Cathedral families with businesses are encouraged to promote them at the event through the donation of auction items, and through sponsorships and underwriting opportunities – this can be done through the CCHS website.  Students who bring an auction item to Janet Cruzan in the CCHS front office will not only earn Spirit Dress on February 27th, but if 100 donations are received, parents’ names will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of two free $250 tickets to Mardi Gras with The Beach Boys. 

Tickets for Mardi Gras with The Beach Boys are available for purchase through February 25th by clicking on “Mardi Gras with The Beach Boys” on the CCHS Development Page. Because alcohol will be served, attendance is limited to adults. Dress for the evening is “festive cocktail attire.”

For more information about this “fun,fun, fun” evening, contact Janet Cruzan at (858) 523-4000 x1115 or [email protected].