‘Tweeting Samaritan’ spreads love to Cathedral students

Tweeting Samaritan spreads love to Cathedral students

At a Catholic school, sometimes it seems like doing the right thing is being ingrained into students’ minds as much as tooth brushing. But does anyone actually listen? Do the school masses make students’ attitudes any different than those of public school kids?

Some argue that teenagers are just plain mean. Well, for Cathedral Catholic, stereotypical high school hate has been replaced with one of the few things stronger than it- a unifying love- and in the most unlikely of places: Twitter.

The anonymous Twitter account @CathedralLove was created only on Tuesday, January 15th, and already boasts 237 followers. According to one of its tweets, this account was made, “mostly for the class of 2013 to make us realize how much we really do appreciate each other. ” The anonymous tweeting Samaritan added, “Make these last months count!”

The account tweets personal messages of encouragement and extremely kind, heartfelt compliments directly to different, random students. Some of the recent tweets posted include:

“@kenzieunderwood Your laugh is the most contagious thing ever. You are absolutely gorgeous inside and out.”

A tweet to Ava O’Brien read, “Remember that an entire community stands behind you when you’re hurt. Prayers are being sent your way. ”

“@sarahdipity08 Please never stop dancing. God really did give you an amazing talent. You’re so graceful and yet radiant at the same time. ”

The tweeter has a sense of humor too: “@loganlovespupys You love puppies, so we love you. I like your hair.”

Cathedral students really appreciate the account, which was a pleasant contrast to some bullying twitter accounts that have been made recently.

Kenzie replied to the account, “@CathedralLove Thanks to whomever made this!! You’re a saint <3”

The account has gained support from CCHS faculty members too. Mr. Matt Baier tweeted to Ms. Melissa Padgett, “Have you seen this thing? [CathedralLoves account]” Ms. Padgett replied, “…I absolutely LOVE it!… This is awesome!!” Mr. Baier tweeted again, “Yeah. It’s pretty cool. This is the type of thing that makes me happy to work here.”

Mrs. Sandy Blackstone- Gardner tweeted a message of appreciation for the account as well. “@CathedralLove Thxs for being a visual sign of God’s grace to our community. ”

The anti-cyber bully’s tweets can be read here. LOVELINK