CCHS underclassmen gather for open mic night

On Friday March 4th, Freshmen and sophomores paid two dollars and filled the Guadalupe Center for the Frosh/ Soph Open Mic Night.

The doors opened at 6pm, closed at 7pm, and then re-opened at 8pm. The night was filled with many talented students. The two MCs sophomore class vice president, Lucas Lawson, and freshman class president, Griffen Terhune helped fill the night with laughter.

ASB provided root beer floats, nachos, various candies, water, hot chocolate, and goldfish.  They also decorated the Guadalupe Center with lights which gave the event a very festive atmosphere and added to the special night.

There were ten freshmen acts and six sophomore acts.  There were duos, trios, and students by themselves with a guitar, or just by themselves.  One student even read a poem.

Sophomore Brian Choi sang a song that was translated from Korean to English.

Freshman Molly Reeves said,” I really enjoyed the last act and Ashlynn Doyle singing.”

The last act was a group of sophomores dancing and singing to “Party in the USA” by Miley Cyrus and Ashlynn sang “Halo” by Beyoncé.

Freshman Jackie Vallera said, “My favorite act definitely had to be ‘Party in the USA.’” Freshman Peter Dohoney said, “I really liked Ashlynn Doyle and Ashley Lynch. They were both really good.”