Frosh gather for another “mosh”

Thursday November 4th, the freshman of Cathedral Catholic gathered in the theater for  another Frosh Mosh. Together, they heard religion teacher Ms. Nicole Geis speak to them about bullying, watched a film put together by Campus Ministry about finding out their gifts and talents, and participated in a group discussion about what they learned.

Ms. Geis spoke to the freshman class about what it feels like being bullied and the consequences of bullying. She took the class into the subject on a deeper level and helped them understand why bullying is a negative action. Freshman, Mathew Merizalde said, “My favorite part of Frosh Mosh was listening to Ms. Geis speak about not bullying because it made me look at things differently.”

Discussion followed, and the freshman talked in their base communities about what they experienced. They played games and talked to one another about their lives. Students had the opportunity to make many new friends from the experience. Merzialde said, “I like my group because they are filled with joy and love, and it makes me feel closer to people I don’t really know.”

The Frosh Moshes are held to help prepare the freshman for the year ahead by teaching them many things that they can carry with them throughout their time at Cathedral.