Dancing the night away

Lauren McKittrick, Assistant News Editor

The Cathedral Catholic High School Associated Student Body will host the annual winter formal, designed to give students a chance to experience camaraderie at an event outside of campus, this Saturday at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.

ASB chose the theme Cirque Du Soleil by the Bay in light of the venue with the Bay surroundings and white tent pavilion.

As opposed to previous winter formal dances, this year’s experience will include several new assets in order to make the dance even more enjoyable for students and guests.

“The dance includes a DJ with unique stage set up, a section for casino tables, outside seating under market lights, and delicious eats,” ASB moderator Mrs. Sara Rhodes said.

Starting and ending an hour earlier than past CCHS dances, the doors at the dance will be closed at the Sheraton from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

“We want to give students an opportunity to experience fun, dancing, and dressing up before and after the bonding that comes with a school hosted event that is not on campus,” Mrs. Rhodes said. “We look forward to celebrating with everyone.”

About the Writer

With a strong passion for writing, I aspire to improve upon my skills as El Cid’s Assistant News Editor this school year. While this opportunity allows...