Dons for Life to attend national march

Sara Vechinski, Copy Editor

Dons for Life, the Cathedral Catholic High School pro-life group, will attend the March for Life in Washington D.C. this Wednesday through Sunday as a way to promote policy changes regarding the rights of the unborn.

Dons for Life will begin its trip Wednesday morning with Mass in the St. Therese Chapel. The students will be dismissed 10 minutes early from their last class periods to travel to the San Diego International Airport, where they will depart to arrive in Washington D.C. the next morning.

Once in Washington D.C., the students will explore any of the open museums and attractions. Dons for Life will attend the National Prayer Vigil for Life in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, where they also will attend Mass on Saturday.

“Beside the march, I’m mostly looking forward to the big mass at the Basilica of the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception because I think it’s going to be a very glorious Catholic multitude,” CCHS student Benjamin Nash ‘19 said.

On Friday, students also will listen to Ben Shapiro and the Sidewalk Prophets, a contemporary Christian band. They will then attend the March for Life, followed by a meeting with legislators  Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), Rep. Scott Peters (D-CA), and Rep. Sander Levin (D-MI).

The pro-life group will spend Saturday at the St. John Paul II National Shrine, the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, and the Catholic University of America.

The group, which consists of 19 students and six CCHS parents and administrators, will return to San Diego Sunday morning.

Dons for Life hopes to revitalize the pro-life fervor on campus through the attendance of the national event.

“The people who go on the marches have this new spirit when they get back,” Nash said. “I think it helps motivate people to evangelize on campus and to be more inspired to set the campus on fire for the prolife movement.”